Now that it is Winter Break I have time to blog again. I wanted to share a little bit of what I have been doing this term. So, here is one of my favorite pieces I composed for my writing class. It is titled,
*
Symphony
*
Thunder clouds were rolling in and the air was full of sound. Pitter patter pit pit, pitter patter pit pit; drummed the rain as it fell down. It was falling in rhythm now, like a symphony, a song. Pitter patter pit pit, pitter patter pit pit. The drops hummed as they drummed along.
*
In the shadows, in the mud a set mailboxes sit alone. As the drops hit their dull frames the song changes tone. Pitter patter pit pit, pitter patter pit pit; the sound is deeper now. Pitter patter pit pit, pitter patter pit pit. The notes gain momentum somehow.
*
Suddenly a burst, a break, for a moment there is no sound, just the glorious rays of the sun, warming the soft green earth as it shines down. The rays hit the dull grey boxes and then sparkle like crisp white snow. Glistening and twinkling in the day light as they glow.
*
Dark clouds return. Intermission's over now. The symphony resumes, but the music seems softer somehow. Pitter patter pit pit, pitter patter pit pit; whispers the rain as it mixes with the wind. Pitter patter pit pit, pitter patter pit pit. The sound seems to never end.
No comments:
Post a Comment