Baby mine, don't you cry.
You are so precious to me, sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.
From your head to your toes......
you're so sweet, goodness knows, Baby Ohhh
Never to part,
Baby of mine.
Let those eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear,This is my favorite lullaby, I sing it to Ari every night right before I lay her down to sleep.
Time has passed, and every day my baby girl gets a little bit taller, a little bit stronger, and moves a little bit faster. I watch in amazement as she grows up right before my eyes.
I would like to share part of a journal entry from February 2008. This was shortly after I arrived home from the hospital with Aria."It would be impossible to put in words all the tender and good feelings I have for my baby. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love her in a way I did not even know could exist. I love her so much it actualy hurts. Every smile, every kiss, every day I just want to engrain in my memory forever. There is no doubt these are special days and I will remember them forever."
My Daughter has changed so much scince this entry. She can walk, talk, and sometimes she can even make a pretty big mess, but I find no matter the mess or other challenges that may arise this entry is as true today as it was then. It is impossible to write all the tender and good feelings I have for my daughter......
On this special day, as we celebrate Motherhood and Womanhood, it is my prayer that each of us will find our own moments of joy, shining thru the work and challenges that we all must face.
Today I am reminded that we, as women, all have the capacity to be Mothers, no matter what stage of life we may be in. To love, to nuture, to show compassion, to teach as opportunities present themselves. These qualities, and many more, are woven into the fiber of our very being,and emulate the word Mother.





To my own Mama. I love you, thank you.

To all women everywhere.......
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! 
No comments:
Post a Comment